This week as part of our Maths we are exploring shape. We made lots of different 2D shapes from cocktail sticks, straws and marshmallows. The shapes we made were
- Triangle (3 marshmallows + 3 cocktail sticks)
- Square (4 marshmallows + 4 cocktail sticks)
- Rectangle (4 marshmallows + 2 cocktail sticks + 2 straws)
- Pentagon (5 marshmallows + 5 cocktail sticks)
- Hexagon (6 marshmallows + 6 cocktail sticks)
- Octagon (8 marshmallows + 8 cocktail sticks)
When we were finished we counted the total number of corners (marshmallows) in all the shapes. There were 45 altogether so each child got 2 each and one was left for teacher!
(22X2) + 1 = 45 marshmallows
Who ever said that maths was not delicious!